T-Mobile HTC One S available now
by Michael Crider
The wait is over, T-Mobile customers – you can finally grab an HTC One S of your very own. As promised, the carrier has made its new flagship available today, though it doesn’t look like the phone has landed on its customer-facing website just yet. If you just can’t wait a few hours, head down to your local T-Mobile retail store, and bask in the glory of being one of the first in the US to get a hold of an HTC One-series phone.
In our One S review, we noted that the phone’s metal construction, gorgeous QHD 4.3-inch display, excellent camera and Ice Cream Sandwich plus Sense 4.0 make it one of the best phones around, bar none. And lest you get jealous of the bigger brother One X, rest easy knowing that the dual-core Snapdragon S4 is fast enough to keep pace with its quad-core counterparts (AT&T’s One X, due in May, will get the Snapdragon as well). Right now there’s just no better phone available on T-Mobile… with the possible exception of the Galaxy Nexus that went on sale yesterday, if you can stomach a non-subsidized price and have to have pure Android.
T-Mobile is listing the One S at $199.99 for a two-year contract, with the unfortunate addition of a $50 mail-in-rebate. The blue model will be offered initially, with the white and black versions coming later. If you’ve got an older phone lying around, you can trade it in to T-Mobile for cash credit – iPhone owners (not that there are any here, right?) can trade in any working model for a whopping $200. Now that’s what I call an upgrade. What say you, readers, any takers?
- HTC One S hits T-Mobile April 25th
- T-Mobile gives the HTC One S a launch party on April 18th
- HTC offers “immediate fix” for One S chipping issues
- HTC One S units arrive at T-Mobile – launch date impending
- T-Mobile HTC One S review via SlashGear
- T-Mobile HTC One S officially available April 25 for $199
- T-Mobile HTC One S hits Costco April 25 for $189 with free gift card
- Trade in your iPhone and get the HTC One S free from T-Mobile
- Tools For The Internet